Thursday, September 28, 2006

#22 Audiobooks (“The End is in Sight”)

I thought the 12 minute tutorial on NetLibrary was excellent! I successfully created my account and found books to download. I tried to find some of my favorite current children’s authors without any luck. However, I was able to find more classic titles for youth such as: To Kill A Mockingbird, The Wizard of Oz, and Alice in Wonderland. Though NetLibrary does not have every title I was looking for, this is still a great resource with over 1300 titles. The tutorial had warned me about the download time but honestly I was shocked when I read how much time it would take to download The Wizard of Oz (5 minutes for cable or in my case 2 hours and 37 minutes with dial-up). However, only 1 minute download time versus 22 minutes for radio quality. When we receive the MP3 player for completing the 23 things, it will be fun to download a book and take it with me for the borrowing time allowed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home