Monday, September 18, 2006

#16 Wiki

I have reading about wikis and learning that almost anything can go in a wiki. Anyone with access to the wiki can add or change information. I thought it was pretty cool that you do not need to have knowledge of HTML to add to a wiki and that you can keep track of all revisions on a wiki. If I could create a wiki for my library, I would create a program wiki. Storytellers could write down program ideas that they have used or tried with a group of children. This could be separated out by age of children, types of programs, etc. Any interesting resource books on children's programming, articles, etc. could be added to this wiki. This could also be shared with other library systems. I don’t know if it would work, but it might be fun to try. It might be a good tool to use also when training a new storyteller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home