Tuesday, August 15, 2006

7 and 1/2 habits

While I have been reading and thinking about the 7 and 1/2 habits of lifelong learning, I think that "accepting responsibility for my own learning" will be the easiest habit for me. I am going to try and set time aside time each week to focus on learning something new about technology. The most challenging habit for me will be "having confidence in myself as a competent effective learner." Though this may be the most difficult habit for me, I am going to remember the phrase that "everyone starts from somewhere." It will be important for me to be patient with myself and realize that learning takes time and is an ongoing process. It is so helpful to be able to talk about Learning 2.0 with other staff members and to take "small steps" in my learning each day. For instance, yesterday I learned how to change the background color on my blog . . . very cool!

2 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger HeleneB said...

And I like the color too! :-)

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Salad Days said...

Good luck, Emily!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home